Thursday, 31 May 2012
Ten uses for the herb rosemary
1. Make a rosemary mouthwash - http://cyprusgardener.blogspot.com/2011/09/make-your-own-herbal-mouthwash.html
2. Use a disinfectant - simmer leaves and stems of rosemary, sage and lavender in just sufficient water to cover for 25 minutes. Once cool, strain, bottle and use to wipe over sinks, toilets and baths to provide a fresh scent.
4. Add rosemary flowers to sorbets or dressings to add a mild rosemary flavour.
5. Make rosemary tea which is said to be good for digestive problems.
6. Soak and use tougher stems for BBQ skewers
7 . Make an infusion with two tablespoons of dried rosemary added to one cup of boiling water. Leave for ten minutes and use as a hair tonic, after shampooing, to help treat dandruff.
8. Add to roasting vegetables, rice, pizzas, fish, lamb, chicken and when baking bread.
9. Add to a hot bath to aid aches and muscle fatigue.
10. Add to soups and stews.