Sunday, 11 November 2012
1. 250g red lentils
2. 2 medium sized onions chopped finely
3. 2 garlic cloves crushed and chopped
4. 2 courgettes sliced thinly
5. Olive oil for frying vegetables.
6. Salt and pepper to taste
7. 2 teaspoons of basil
8. 2 eggs beaten
9. 125g of rolled oats
10. 80g of grated hellim or halloumi
11. 1 thinly sliced tomato
1. Cover lentils with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes
2. Heat olive oil and cook onions, garlic and courgettes until softened.
3. Add salt, pepper and basil to vegetables.
4. Drain any surplus liquid from lentils and stir into vegetables.
5. Stir in oats, beaten eggs and 3/4 of the grated hellim/halloumi
6. Place mixture into and ovenproof dish
7. Sprinkle with the remaining hellim and decorate with sliced tomatoes.
8. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 190c for 30minutes.
Serve with potato wedges and a green salad.