Tuesday, 8 May 2012
Stuffed Globe Artichoke Hearts
The outcome was delicious and it produced a lovely aroma whilst cooking. If you would like to try our recipe it's as follows.
Ingredients: 20 globe artichokes cleaned to leave the hearts, 250g of minced beef, olive oil, 1 chopped onion and 3 chopped garlic cloves, 4 Tbs of rice, a sprig of coriander, 4 finely chopped tomatoes, a quarter tsp of curry powder, paprika, ginger and cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste.
(1) Cook the rice for 10 minutes in a cup of salted water
(2) Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes
(3) Add the beef mince to the onions and garlic and cook for 15 minutes or until browned
(4) Add all the spices and salt and pepper to taste to the beef mixture
(5) Add the part cooked rice and chopped parsley into the beef mixture
(6) In a large bottomed pan, pour in a cup of water and add a dash of olive oil and salt
(7) Stuff the hearts with the mixture and place in the pan.
(8) If any mixture remains add on top of the hearts and place the chopped tomatoes on top
(9) Cook for 30-35 minutes until the hearts are tender