Wednesday, 27 July 2011
lemonade syrup - make your own
A recipe to use freshly harvested or shop bought lemons which makes a refreshing drink full of vitamin C.
Ingredients: two and a half cups of sugar; the finely grated zest of four lemons; a pinch of salt; three cups of lemon juice from about twelve large lemons and a cup of water.
(1) Add the sugar, zest and salt to a cup of water and bring to the boil for about five minutes whilst stirring continually until the sugar is fully dissolved.
(2) Allow to cool to room temperature.
(3) Pour the syrup through a strainer into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
(4) Pour into a pre-sterilised bottle and close with a tight fitting lid.
(5) Store in a fridge and use within 3 weeks.