We have 2 allotments and a kitchen garden and have been growing organic fruit, herbs and vegetables for over 30 years Follow us on our YouTube channel Joe & Di's Allotments & Kitchen Garden https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPloS_R73ud_Syi_33EA66w?sub_confirmation=1
Friday, 15 July 2011
Easy lemon cake recipe
A lovely recipe for using freshly picked lemons which is finished by pouring a lemon syrup over the cake to give it an even more lemony flavour.
The ingredients are: 150g of margarine; 225g of brown sugar; the grated rind and juice of two medium sized lemons; 2 small eggs and 150g of wholemeal self-raising flour.
(1) Heat the margarine and add only 175g of sugar and stir until the margarine has fully melted.
(2) Take off the heat and stir in the lemon rind.
(3) Whisk the eggs and add to the sugar mixture.
(4) Fold in the flour and turn into a greased and floured 20cm tin.
(5) Bake at 180c for about 30 minutes or until just firm to touch.
(6) Warm the remaining 50g of sugar with the lemon juice.
(7) Prick the cake all over, whilst still warm, with a fork and spoon the syrup over the cake.
(8) Leave to cool in the tin and cut into squares and enjoy.