Chard is a good source of vitamin A and C, rich in lots of trace elements and dietary fibre.
A bunch (10-15) chard leaves thoroughly washed and dried
350g of long grain rice;
A large onion, finely chopped;
2 large tomatoes, blanched, peeled and chopped into chunks;
Olive oil for frying;
a small bunch of parsley finely chopped;
a tablespoon of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
1. Remove the ribs and stems from the chard and cut into large pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and cook chopped onion until softened.
3. Add the water, tomatoes, rice, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste and stir to combine.
4. Bring to the boil and stir in the chard.
5. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes on a low heat, or until the rice has absorbed most of the water.
6. Take off the heat and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving with a fresh roll.