(1) Use to whiten laundry by adding lemon juice to your wash. The citric acid in lemons provides for powerful natural cleaner and fabric whitener.
(2) Use to eliminate smells in the fridge or any other bad odours throughout the house by simmering a few lemon halves in a pot to provide a lovely lemony smell.
(3) Use to clean brass, stainless steel or copper by making a paste of lemon juice and salt and applying to tarnished metal surfaces. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with warm water and dry.
(4) Use lemon juice to stop fruits and vegetables from turning brown whilst cooking. Works well on apple slices.
(5) Use for sore throats, mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey into a cup of water and warm to a drinkable temperature.
(6) Use to remove hardened or baked on food from dishes and pans by making a paste with baking powder and a little lemon juice, allow to soak in before washing.
(7) Use to deter ants, moths and other insects, as they dislike the strong scent and flavor of lemons.Works well in stopping ants if sprayed on their trail.
(8) Use a teaspoon of lemon juice to stop your rice becoming sticky whilst cooking.
(9) Use lemon juice to kill weeds.
(10) Use to clean chopping boards - particularly works well after using boards to cut meat.
(11) Use on insect stings for relief, disinfect and heal.
(12) Use to remove stains or odours from your hands especially good at removing beetroot or berry stains.